Saturday, August 26, 2017

Steve Finley Collection Gallery

Hey all,

I hope you're having a great weekend.

I've been working on organizing and updating my collection on the Trading Card Database as well as here on my blog. This weekend, I'm focused on archiving my Steve Finley collection. I've added a few unique Finley cards to my collection over the past few months. Below is a preview of just a few of those cards. If you want to see the rest, go to my Steve Finley Collection Gallery to see them all!




2017 Panini Immaculate - This product just came out, and when I saw Steve Finley was on the autograph checklist, I scoured ebay to see what I could find. This was the very first to pop up with a reasonable Buy It Now or Best Offer listing, so I made and offer and the seller accepted. 

The patch is awesome on this card and Panini actually did a decent job this year with the card stock. In years past the corners and edges were in just terrible shape. Also, Finley signed on-card and the blue on the card is foil. I'm a big fan of this year's immaculate.





1995 Upper Deck Special Edition Gold - This card popped up on my eBay a while back. I didn't think much of it until I did some research and realized it's a pretty rare card. According to Baseballcardpedia, cards from this set were inserted 1:35 packs. To verify its rarity I perused the baseball card websites and sure enough it's a hard one to come by. I ended up winning it for less than $5 shipped. 



2004 Donruss World Series - I missed an the opportunity when the seller put this up for auction starting at $0.99 and I didn't bother putting in a bid. A week later they had it up for $3.99 plus shipping. I cross-referenced other sites and listings and realized all other listings for this card were 4-5x the price and multiple people had their eyes on it. I gave in and hit the purchase button. It's a pretty cool card with all three swatches bearing different colors.



2004 Topps Clubhouse Collection Triple Relic - This was probably the most exciting card of Finley I've gotten in months because (1) I never knew this card ever existed before, (2) It's limited to 100 copies, (3) It also includes a relic of one of my other favorite players, Luis Gonzalez, and (4) I nabbed it for the lowest bid. It's hard to tell from the scan, but the back of the card is a foil material which makes it even cooler.

That's all I've got for now. Thanks for reading!


1 comment:

  1. I've always been a fan of Immaculate because of its great secondary market pricing. You can get a ton of bang for your buck buying singles. That Finley is awesome!

    ReplyDelete