Sunday, May 14, 2017

Trader's Log: The Angels, In Order

Tom and I completed a trade last month. I was browsing through his want lists and realized I had a stack of Tim Salmon cards I picked up in nickel boxes from a card show last year. I thought about starting a PC of him since he lived down the road from me in AZ, but decided I had too many other collecting aspirations and cards to chase. You can see his post of our trade here or on my "Trader's Log" tab at the top of the page.

In return, Tom sent some 2015 Heritage cards to get me one step closer to completing the set!


He also unknowingly helped me out with my 2016 Topps team set.


Here's a nice stack of fan favorites and 5 of the 2001 World Champions: Bell, Gonzo, The Big Unit, Womack, and Matt Williams. The Fleer Tradition Jay Bell also happened to be an addition to a team set I'm working on!


What's a trade package without a couple of Goldy's!


And finally, a really nice Topps Total card of the Ice Man, Matt Mantei. There was always some mystique about Mantei even though his career wasn't anything to write home about. (This article colorfully describes the love we had for Matt) The card stock and picture of the Ice Man is what really attracts me to this card.

After spending some time looking at and admiring this card, I decided it would go into my TTM pile. However, according to some quick interwebs searching he doesn't seem to sign TTM. If anyone knows otherwise, please let me know. Thanks!


Thanks again for the trade, Tom!

No comments:

Post a Comment