Saturday, April 22, 2017

TTM Success 2: Eric Byrnes

Here is my first return from a former Diamondback. Eric Byrnes spent four seasons with the Dbacks (2006-2009) and was one of my favorite players to watch. He was super quick and played with so much energy - his body almost seemed spastic at times as he chased down fly balls in the outfield or ran the bases.

 What surprised me most about this return is how quickly it came back. I sent it out in the first week of April along with three other requests, and I expected this specific request to take the longest since some TTM forums had posts stating that it takes months to get anything back from Eric Byrnes. He also switches between two addresses throughout the year making it more difficult. I apparently chose the right address at the right time because the cards and the ticket came back to me signed in just under two weeks.



Unfortunately, Eric signed in black pen instead of blue or black sharpie. A few months from now I may send another request to him with a sharpie included in the package. Still, it's awesome to add these to my collection.


As you can see, I chose to send Heritage cards. I love Topps Heritage and think autographs look really sharp on them. Most of the requests I send out will include Heritage cards if possible.



This is the only ticket I've held on to from the many Diamondbacks games I attended while growing up. I kept it stored in a photo protector to go with my autographed 8x10 of Eric. It now looks even better with Eric's auto. He even wrote his jersey number below his signature.

Sent: April 4, 2017
Received: April 17, 2017
Turnaround Time: 13 days

Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

  1. Very cool return. He's a weird dude but great return.

    ReplyDelete