Saturday, January 16, 2016

Trader's Log: Wish They Still Came With Bubblegum

Jeff from Wish They Still Came With Bubblegum recently sent me a package (to my wife's disdain) in the mail just the other day full of 2015 Heritage and Dbacks cards!

Before I start, I remember trying bubblegum from old packs and feeling like I instantly caught a disease from the chalky, crumbly gum. And then I remembered sometime in my youth (1997-2007) Topps released packs of cards with gum again and the gum was actually good. Does anyone remember which year(s) Topps did that?

I didn't scan the 2015 Heritage cards Jeff sent, but he added 23 new cards to my set!!

Let's take a look at what else Jeff sent...


My first card of Baxter! Man that cat's got some moves....and style.


My first Diamondbacks Minor League card. And it's /25 to boot! I don't know much about Haniger other than what I read on the back of the card, but I hope he's a future star!




Matt Williams. What a guy. I actually played against his son in high school a few times. Never saw his father at the games though...


Sweet teal-ish Chrome card. I'm not sure what the official title is for it, but I like it.








Terribly cropped Bowman cards. I need to figure out how to use my scanner...




And to finish off, some 2015 Topps cards that I didn't have.



Thanks again, Jeff!

4 comments:

  1. I remember that Topps put cellophane wrapped squares of gum into packs of the inaugural Heritage set back in 2001. One of the many reasons it was such a great set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice cards. Pacheco just signed a minor-leage deal with the Reds, hopefully he'll make the team and give us some well needed help off the bench.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What the heck is Baxter the Bobcat WEARING?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It may have been 70s or 80s night at that game. I know the Dbacks have done that in the past.

      Do they do parallels of mascots?? I'd love to get my hands on a purple or gold parallel of that card.

      Delete