Monday, January 11, 2016

My Steve Finley Wantlist


As a follow up to my previous post about last weekend's successful card show, I've updated my Steve Finley Wantlist and nearly doubled my PC of him:


You can view the updated list here or click the link below: 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KV7xyvZLG-Kk6JJnPmJmWT0__ryM2TMncbfkkEpNTGM/edit#gid=0

I admit, I literally went to www.baseballcardpedia.com and copied and pasted every single Steve Finley card in existence onto my wantlist. While I may never attain having a copy of EVERY Finley card, I can sure try!

Some (or none) of you may wonder why I chose to specifically collect Steve Finley. As a Little Leaguer and aspiring pro ball player, I knew I had to have a favorite player and role model. I chose Steve Finley for a few reasons:

1. He was a Diamondback
2. He played center field just like me
3. He was a true Left-hander just like me
4. He was super fast
5. He played hard

I admired him most for his defensive prowess. He was at the time one of the best outfielders in the game having won 2 Gold Gloves with the Dbacks. He also wasn't the typical mid 1990's to early 2000's player they stuck in the outfield because he was a steroid munching home run masher.

I specifically remember one game where Steve Finley was charging a shallow fly in center at BOB (now Chase Field) and tripped on what seemed like divot in the ground. He ended up missing the ball and was very upset. He went back to that spot in the outfield and started messing around with it with his cleats. It turns out (or so the commentators say) there was a concert the night before and the band's platform caused an uneven surface in the outfield turf. Not cool.

Anyways, if you have any Finleys from my wantlist that you are willing to part with, let me know and I'll be happy to help you out with your collection.

Here are a few cards I'm currently on the lookout for:

2004 Topps Cracker Jack mini blue #106

2002 Fleer Ultra #88


2006 Upper Deck Special F/X Purple #16

1995 Skybox Emotion #186

2013 Panini Hometown Heroes (with state)  #223

2004 Donruss Studio #15

2000 Fleer Tradition Glossy #109

Thanks for reading!


2 comments:

  1. I need to do this for my PCs. Do you have any Finley Autos?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I don't have a Steve Finley auto. I've had my eye on some for the past few months but I haven't pulled the trigger yet. I'm trying to be selective with "big purchases" like that because of my current budget.

      There are some out there for as little as $2.50 but they are logo-less panini cards. I'm hoping my first one can have a Dbacks logo on it.

      Delete